Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Monday, January 31, 2011

it's just a little snow and ice, people

Now I've talked about this before, but I live in good ol' Ohio and the weather here can be stinky to say the least - 70s one day and freezing temperatures overnight, snow, ice, rain, humidity all in one week. Living in the Midwest gives the meteorologists plenty of time to determine the weather "headed for us" as it travels across the country. Any time it is going to snow or be ice-y, you would think that the world is coming to an end...the grocery stores sell out of bread and anything in the freezer section. Really? What are you going to do, sit around and eat sandwiches made out of corn and peas? And if the weather is actually bad, you will be able to get out of your house in about two days, so you aren't likely to starve. I estimate that we could live in this house for at least 10-14 days, so no way you would find me at the grocery today! 

The horrible, treacherous conditions are headed our way, so I'll let you know how bad it really is. If we're stuck in this house, I'll have plenty of time to blog :)

2 comments:

Chris Haven said...

so true! I am not going to the store either, we have enough food to last us a week. Tomorrow is supposed to be 12-18 inch, I will believe it when I see it.

LisaMarie said...

AGREED. :) And I like the new background. :)

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...