Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a cast on my foot...boo

So, I have a cast on my ankle now instead of the good ol' walking boot. In the interest of looking at the positive side of things, I had my first good night of sleep in weeks (I didn't wake up due to the pain as I have been). I go back in three weeks for an x-ray, and if its healed (God-willing), then the cast will come off. Unfortunately, I won't be able to run the Flying Pig half marathon on May 1st. On Saturday (when the cast was put on), I signed up for the USAF half marathon on September 17th in an effort to show my ankle that it isn't going to keep me down. I have to be healed by then.
 

Getting around is a bit tricky, but I'm getting the hang of it...slowly. I CANNOT go down the stairs on the crutches though, I have to get down and scoot :) Going up is much easier. Please pray that I don't break any more bones with these crazy crutches :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...