Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wright State basketball & Rod's Capricorn Inn

Happy President's Day weekend! We decided to take in a Wright State University basketball game, a little shopping and a fun dinner out. Now today its gross and rainy, and I prefer to  stay home, blog and catch up on DVR'd "What Not to Wear."

Here a recap of yesterday:
Wesley has started *loving* to take pictures. They are all blurry, but I posted one below.

Wesley couldn't take his eyes off the wolf mascot.

I mean he LITERALLY couldn't look away.

the object of his affection

making sure I saw the mascot

kicked back watching the game
(oh no, I mean watching the wolf)

For sitting quietly through the whole game, I chased the wolf down for a picture.

Wesley had the camera...

We went shopping after the basketball game (Damon needed a navy suit for work). After leaving the outlet mall, we went in search for this restaurant...I haven't been here in YEARS. We're talking probably since college. My high school boyfriend took me to this place a few times, and I just remember how amazing the hamburgers were. (I wasn't disappointed this time either)
Let's be honest...if you passed this restaurant, it is not likely you would ever stop. At least I wouldn't!! It looks a bit like a trailer or a small house that someone haphazardly added on.



Of course, I had to take pictures of us outside on the car seat benches 


Now onto the menu...do you see how cheap a cheeseburger is? $2.35! Where can you get an amazing cheeseburger for that price? Not too many places...

 Damon's "Rod burger" and onion rings (total $6.50)

my cheeseburger and mushrooms  (total cost $4.50)

Wesley had chicken fingers and french fries, but my picture didn't turn out too well...and you shouldn't get that when you go to Rod's. The total for our three dinners was less than $17.00!!

a stained glass window in the dining room 
(makes me think of the 70s)

I had to have my picture taken with Rod

Damon had his taken too

Rod still sings oldies loudly as he cooks, but he doesn't have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth while he is cooking anymore (thank goodness!). The restaurant was PACKED!

So if you are anywhere near Wilmington, Ohio, stop at Rod's Capricorn Inn. (I would even say its worth a trip there!) You will need to call first because he closes the restaurant whenever he feels like it and bring cash to pay for your dinner. (That's something you can do when your food is that good and that cheap)

Enjoy a Rod burger for us!! I am already ready to go back...

Rod's Capricorn Inn
937-382-4357
6660 State Route 730 # 1
Wilmington, OH 45177
(you know a place like this doesn't have a website)

P.S.  I post a lot about eating, don't I?

2 comments:

The McEacherns said...

Those burgers look amazing! Perfect diner style food, it seems. And I love a good hole-in-the-wall restaurant!

L Garcia Muro said...

nice blog.

visit:
www.marriagewithgod.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...