Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Saturday, December 12, 2009

update and boring talk about the weather

The breakfast with Santa went well. Wesley could hardly hold in his excitement as we waited for Santa to arrive. Of course Wesley didn't stop moving long enough for me to get a good picture (even with the sport setting on the camera). We did a little shopping after breakfast, then came home for Wes to nap. When he woke up, he asked if we were going to eat dinner with Santa too. Well no, that's not quite how this works. Or maybe it is because he ate dinner with me and Damon...



Wesley and Daddy at the breakfast


Wesley hugging his Daddy


I just like this picture


I think my Aunt Donna said it best when she said that Wes looks like a politician in this picture. I have to wholeheartedly agree :)


Wesley couldn't stop waving to Santa


Much different than last year's Santa picture...



the three of us

Wesley is now eating dinner with us in restaurants!!! We went to O'Charley's last Friday night, and Wes ate all of his children's macaroni and cheese. The trouble is that I am not sure that most restaurants serve much variety in terms of children's foods that he can eat at this point. I also realized that we are again going to need to cut back on eating out because it's expensive when you have a child who eats! Who knew?

The weather here in Ohio is FREEZING!! Last night when I went to bed (around midnight), the temperature was -12 degrees with the wind chill. It's weather like this that makes me want to stay inside ALL the time and never leave. I think that I really mean it makes it harder for me to leave the house, but not impossible. Anyone with a very active almost three year-old knows that you cannot stay home for days at a time without the possibility of losing your mind or becoming temporarily insane. Before we had Wesley, I could have stayed home just snuggled on the sofa reading a book for days at a time, but now we get out at least once a day. Last winter when we had an ice storm, the three of us were stuck in our house for a day and a half - the stress was palpable in this house. I have to add also that this was before Wesley realized that he liked television so much, which may have made the time inside easier on us all.

But anyway...the weather is just cold and windy, no real snowfall. We did have snow on Monday morning, but Wesley told me it wasn't snow it was rain. My bad...(even though it really was snow). I always think that I want snow until it really happens. So right now I am thinking that we should at least have snow with the chilly weather.

I'm heading to bed now because I am even boring myself to sleep talking about the weather. Guess that's what happens when you are in your thirties :)

Staci

4 comments:

jennjenn said...

You make me laugh!

And yes, we've learned that eating out with children got expensive. Lately if we go out, I just order a bigger meal for myself and share with Kathryn. She never eats the entire kids meal anyway and it ends up being a little cheaper.

Chris Haven said...

Wow is Wes looking older. And you would never know he was adopted, he looks just like you guys! He is too cute. Have a great Christmas.

Mamapierce said...

Wow, Wes is so cute! I agree with Chris & Celeste - he looks a lot like you guys, amazing!

LisaMarie said...

Haven't been over here in a while! When we switched to the Mac, I somehow forgot to add your blog to the list! OY! Love seeing the pictures of Wesley.

Even though we don't get to see each other in person, I like staying in touch via blog, Facebook and Christmas cards. We REALLY should try to get together after the new year.

Lisa

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...