Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Saturday, November 21, 2009

still progressing & a list of things I am thankful for

Wesley is eating more all the time! He is getting better with chewing and being willing to eat, and God-willing we hope to get the tube removed maybe as early as next spring!! We had a follow-up with the surgeon this week, and he couldn't get over how much Wes has grown since mid-summer. Wesley will have another follow-up appointment in February to have a swallow study and we are going to work on getting him off the tube feedings by then. If Wes eats enough by mouth, the doctor will reevaluate Wes in April and take the g-tube out then if he continues to grow and maintain weight in those two months. I am really not sure if it will happen, but I am already praying for it.

Another point of good news is that Wesley has continued to gain weight since going down to 2 cans of Pediasure a day.

I had an MRI done on my knee the other day and it turns out that I have a sprain and a small tear in my MCL. There is also likely a tear in the meniscus, but the doctor couldn't be sure from the MRI. I will likely have surgery sometime after the first of the year to make the repairs. Once that is done, I hope that my knee feels good as new. We'll see...

The big OSU Michigan game is tomorrow and you know who we're rooting for!!!

If I don't post before, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Take time to remember all that the Lord has blessed you with - a caring husband, a wonderful family who you know would do anything for you, friends who make you laugh and look out for you, a child who couldn't be more like you and your husband if you gave birth to him, our health, "furry" children (aka Duke and Katie), a roof over your head, food on your table, employment, good books, clean laundry, fresh water, Sesame Street to keep your two year old occupied for a few minutes of quiet, enjoyable music, a comfortable bed to get a good night's rest, facebook to keep up with old friends, a big purse to hold anything you could want to carry, silly tv shows to make you laugh (like "The Office"), my contacts to be able to see, Ohio State and Bengals football (we are hard-core fans in this house), long showers, clothes that fit just right, but most of all I am thankful that Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior came to this earth and died to forgive my sins!!!!

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Many things to be thankful for! So glad Wesley continues to progress! Praying for your knee too, I have a small tear but PT was enough to help me strengthen the areas that were weak to keep me from hurting it more!

Mandy said...

oh, you guys! I often think of you, but forget to check your blog! I love it! Wes is SUCH a cute boy! I'm so thankful that God chose him to put in your family (which I understand may be expanding...?!!). We miss you so much and really look forward to the day we can see you guys again!

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...