Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Monday, September 24, 2012

Adoption news

I know I promised to update you on the adoption news like two weeks ago, but it's been crazy around this place! I am now staying at home and LOVING it (a girl could used to this). I honestly don't know how I ever had time to work. My closets are clean, I'm selling stuff on eBay that has been sitting around our house for years, I'm cooking dinner, I'm ironing Damon's work shirts, and I'm getting a room ready for that little girl. 

So getting around to the real reason you are reading this post...our agency called a couple weeks ago to tell us that we needed to update our dossier. We updated a few documents in April, but we needed to update all the rest. While we were at it, we updated our home study to reflect the fact that I am no longer working outside the home. Of course updating everything was crazy-difficult due to the  Secretary of State's office making me go back to several counties in southern Ohio to have the elected official sign our certified copies. Don't get me started...

Anyway, we were told that once we update our dossier, we are eligible to receive a referral. Now if this actually happens, then this is BIG news!! Obviously this isn't our first rodeo though, so we are overly cautious. When I first got off the phone, I was dancing around super excited, but then reality set in. We get excited to be disappointed, wait a few months then get excited to be disappointed yet again, wait a few more months and repeat the whole process. 

Obviously we are so ready to get our daughter home, so we will stay on this roller coaster and continue praying that her referral comes soon. I'm getting tired of waiting!! 


3 comments:

Mrs. Oakes said...

Saying a prayer that you guys get your referral soon!!! :)

The Warchols said...

Still following here...and I am so excited to hear that we will be reading your 2nd adoption story soon. I am so looking forward to it!!
Wesley is so big and so handsome! :) I can't wait to see how he likes being a big brother.
Congratulations on being a stay at home mom. It is wonderful. I just went back full time for the first time since Olena has been home. It has been a change but she is still homeschooled (yes I am crazy!!) so at least I don't feel I miss out on too much, but keeping up with the chores...that has been a challenge! Enjoy every day of it! We will keep you and your daughter in our prayers! ((HUGS)) the Warchol's

Rebekah Zenn said...

We just started the Moldova adoption process! I googled Moldova adoption blogs and yours came up :) I am excited to see how it plays out for you! Prayers that you get your referral soon!

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...