Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th! I've always been fairly patriotic and enjoyed the 4th, but this year I am much more sentimental about it than in years past. I think it has to do with the fact that it is Wesley's first Independence Day as an American citizen. I know he doesn't understand right now, but in the future I hope he comes to realize that the freedoms we have as Americans are unlike anywhere else in the world! I also want him to be thankful for those who fought (and continue to fight) to preserve that freedom that we so often take for granted. So to everyone out there - Happy 4th of July!!

4 comments:

Pam Alms said...

The wonderful picture of Wesley holding a United States flag on his first Independence Day brought joy to my heart. He is indeed a very blessed little boy to have you as parents. He is just so handsome. After watching 3 fireworks displays on TV and having Krista's parents for dinner, the picture of Wesley was the highlight of my July 4!
Love, Krista's Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

Dear Staci and Damonm

I have been following your blog for sometime. I just wanted to wish you a very happy 4th of July!!! You are an amazing couple and your son is an absolute angel. GOD BLESS!!!

Caroline said...

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family,

We are a family from Edmonton, Alberta Canada who are tentatively moving forward with plans to adopt. I am also an Occupational Therapist and so viewing your wonderful website was interesting to me on two fronts - because your lovely son comes from the Ukraine and because of the EA. Wesley looks wonderful. It is so nice to see the progression and your love for him. Thank you for sharing him with us via the worldwide web. I may contact you with questions later, but now is just too busy for us as well, with Christmas coming sooooooo soon. God bless all of you. Caroline, Randy, Owen and Eryn

Staci and Damon said...

Caroline - please feel free to contact me anytime you have questions!! Thank you for the sweet post! Staci

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...