Actually it's from Ohio to Ukraine, back to Ohio, then to China

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wes is still doing well

Wesley is absolutely back to his normal self! He is climbing all over everything and apparently he isn't hurting at all! He still has stitches and those don't come out for about two more weeks, so I'm still working on keeping him down (or at least contained). Not exactly very easy...

-------


Wesley was 27 pounds the morning of his surgery and over 32" tall. That means that he has gained over 10 pounds and almost 3" in four months. I can only imagine how big he'll be after a year home!

-------

I scheduled the follow-up appointment with the surgeon that will repair Wesley's esophagus for January 28th. I am hoping that we will get the surgery scheduled. But then again it makes me scared to think that the surgery would be scheduled (if that makes any sense). The esophagus surgery is so much more serious than the man surgery. I know that Wes will be in God's hands though and He already knows the outcome.
I love the look of intense concentration. Wes has been mad because he hasn't been allowed to sit in the bath since surgery. Wesley and Duke watching the birds outside.

Katie just resting on my legs.




3 comments:

Tami said...

So glad to hear Wes is doing better. I know what you mean about being scared of the surgery, but you're right he is in God's hands...AND Wes NEEDS this surgery. It will be a toughie to go through, but in the end he'll be so much better off. I'll be praying for your Mommy heart. Its hard to see your little one going through something like that. ((hugs))

Amy said...

Wow - that is some awesome growth - hard to believe that it has only been 4 months... the weight gain is an awesome sign that he is flourishing!

The Dardennes said...

I LOVE the video! So cute! Every time I see pictures of Wesley, I think he has to be one of the cutest kids in the world!

Post a Comment

We love to know you're reading! Please leave a comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...